Edward M. Ricci is a highly experienced consumer justice attorney recognized nationwide for his relentless pursuit of justice for his clients, making our country a safer place to live, work and drive. For almost four decades, he has been in the vanguard of litigation against insurance companies, automobile manufacturers and drug companies who have needlessly, and too often recklessly, caused injury and death.
Ed has been profiled in The Best Lawyers in America for more than 20 years, he is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell and included in their Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers. He is named one of The Best Lawyers in the U.S. by Town & Country magazine.
A recognized expert in the law, Ed has written and published extensively and has lectured before numerous professional trial organizations across the United States. He published No Man Stands Alone, a memoir. If you would like a complimentary copy contact Ed at 561-748-8000.
In addition to his full-time practice, Ed has served as the National Chairman of the Products Liability Section of the American Association for Justice and has been a faculty member of the National College of Advocacy. He has also served as President of the Gold Coast Chapter of the Federal Bar Association and as a member of the Board of Directors of the Florida Justice Association.
With a personal background in law, teaching and theology, Ed is an active supporter of Public Citizen and Georgetown University where he serves on the university Board of Regents and the law school’s Board of Visitors. Locally, he has been a long-time member of the Palm Beach Opera. Since 1980, he has served as volunteer counsel and member of the Board of Directors of Hope Rural School, the only non-profit elementary school in Florida for the children of farm and migrant workers.
Ed is also the current President, and a member of the Board of Directors and serves on the Fundraising Committee for El Sol, a non-profit organization established to provide an organized and supervised alternative to the daily gathering of day laborers that previously solicited work on Jupiter’s streets. Ed is also involved in Palm Beach Dramaworks where he is the Vice-Chair of the Board of Trustees and was the Chair of a multi-million-dollar capital campaign to renovate the old Florida Theatre (aka the Cuillo Center).
Ed was the co-chair of the Capital Campaign of Xaverian his alma mater in New York. He also served on the Board of Trustees of his alma mater, Xaverian High School, in Brooklyn, N.Y., from which he graduated in 1963. Ed is also the capital campaign chairman and board member of KidSanctuary Campus, Inc., El Sol, 501(c)(3), and is fundraising chair of the Alexander Dreyfoos School of the Arts, service charities in Palm Beach County, Florida.
In 2018, Ed was named Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser by the Association of Fundraising Professionals which celebrates philanthropy – giving, volunteering and charitable engagement – and highlights the achievements, large and small, that philanthropy, and all those involved in the philanthropic process, makes to society and the world. The annual luncheon honors Palm Beach County men and women who are truly making an impact on the community. Earlier in the year, Ed also was named Trail Lawyer of the Year by Public Justice Foundation, the oldest and largest consumer non-profit law firm that prosecutes major environmental and safety cases.
Ed was awarded his law degree from Georgetown University in 1973. He earned his master’s degree from the Johns Hopkins University through a Ford Foundation Fellowship grant after attending Catholic University of America and graduating Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Maryland.
- Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
- Slip & Falls
- Insurance Litigation / Insurance Coverage / Bad Faith
- Consumer Claims / Consumer Class Actions
- Florida, 1974
- Pennsylvania, 1974 (in active)
- District of Columbia, 1974 (in active)
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia, 1973, J.D.
- Johns Hopkins University, 1970, M.A.T.
- University of Maryland, 1969, A.B
- Honors: Graduated with High Honors; Phi Beta Kappa
- Catholic University of America
Awards & Honors:
- Profiled in Best Lawyers in America
- Martindale-Hubbell’s Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Named as one of “The Best Lawyers in the U.S.” by Town & County Magazine
- The Florida Justice Association Crystal Eagle Award
- The Florida Justice Association Jon E. Krupnick Award for Perseverance
- The Florida Justice Association Heroes of Justice Award
- Georgetown University’s John Carroll Award, 1999
- Georgetown University’s Paul R. Dean Award
- Georgetown University’s “1789 Society”
- The South Florida Legal Guide – Top Florida Attorney
- Public Justice’s 2018 Trial Lawyer of the Year
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser, 2018
Professional Associations and Leadership Activities:
- American Association for Justice:
- Sustaining Member
- Chairman Products Liability Section, 1993-1994
- Alexander Dreyfoos School of the Arts
- Fundraising Chair
- Attorney’s Information Exchange Group:
- Board of Directors
- Director Automotive Crashworthiness
- El Sol:
- Board of Directors
- Fundraising Committee Member
- Federal Bar Association, Gold Coast Chapter – Former President, 1982
- Georgetown University:
- Former member of the Board of Regents
- Law Center’s Board of Visitors
- Former Senator of the Georgetown Alumni Association
- Hope Rural School
- Volunteer Legal Advisor
- KidSanctuary Campus, Inc – Board of Directors & Capital Campaign Chairman
- Palm Beach County Bar Association – Member
- Palm Beach Dramaworks
- Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Former Chair of a Multi-Million Dollar Capital Campaign Renovating Old Florida Theatre
- Advisory Council
- Public Justice Foundation – Former Board of Directors
- The Florida Bar – Member